MONDAY
STRENGTH

Warm Up: 4 Rounds of
Dumbbell Complex @ 25lbs
In Step Stretch

1) Find DB 1-Arm Snatch 1 Rep Max

2) 5 Rounds of
2x DB 1-Arm Snatch 2/2 @ 85% of 1 RM
2x Floor Angels

3) 5 Rounds of
6x DB Front Squat - increase each round until 6 is hard but doable
6x DB RDL - increase weight until 6 is hard but doable
6x Push Ups
Prisoner Stretch

4) 5 Rounds of
10x Bench Press - increase weight....
3x Clapping push ups
10x Ring Rows
Pigeon Stretch

You should be itching to get back in the gym, if you were following our advice. We extended the rest throughout the week, so we could start fresh on Monday.

This is the beginning of our 3 week strength cycle.  We are going to try and keep the format throughout the 3 weeks, so you'll have a better idea of what to expect and will be able to see some progression.  For those who know my training philosophy, you know I like switching to dumbbell work every so often.  The 1 Arm DB Snatch and DB Front Squats are two of my favorite lifts.  While rehabbing a knee injury back in the Gym Rat days, I worked exclusively with DBs and have incredible success. When working with barbell exercises, me and many others, are always aware of how much weight is on the barbell.  Even though we know better, we will sacrifice form and range of motion to get where we think we need to be with the amount of plates on each side. So while battling back from injury, I left the barbells alone and did DB work exclusively for lower body.  I did not care how much weight I was using and only cared about quality reps and proper form.  This pushed my training to a new level and as a result I use it for my athletes to show them what proper form should look/feel like. Take advantage of these exercises and start lighter and work up in weight as your form lets you.  We will be hitting these exercises throughout the cycle, so record them and progress them.  Your range of motion will increase and your lower back will magically feel better.